Retinal Ven Dal Tıkanıklıklarında Görsel Prognoz

T. KARABIÇAK,, H. BİRİNCİ,, İ. ÖGE
711 118

Abstract


Visual Prognosis of Branch Retinel Vein Occlusion
The aim of this study is to investigate the reports of patients with retinal vein occlusion patients diagnosed and followed in our clinic retrospectively, and to evaluate the visual prognosis of these patients.
Thirty-four eyes of 32 patients followed with the diagnosis of retinal branch vein occlusion" in our clinic during the period 1994-2002 were included in the study. Patients records, visual acuity during the first and last controls, fundus findings, FFA findings, complications occurred during the follow-up period and the treatment methods applied were evaluated. Follow up period differs between 6 months and 8 years with an average period of 29.1±4.3 months. Ages ranged between 34-76 years with an average of 57.3±2.1 years. In 24 patients (75%) hypertension and in 5 patients (15.6%) diabetes mellitus was diagnosed. Superior temporal vein occlusion was detected in 23 eyes (67.6%), whereas inferior temporal vein occlusion was detected in the remaining 11 eyes (32.4%). The visual evaluation during the first examination was done by using the Snellen-chart; visual acuity was less than 0.1 in 12 eyes (35.3%), between 0.1 n0.5 in 14 eyes (41.2%) and more than 0.5 in 8 eyes (23.5%). Visual acuity on the last examination; showed that it was less than 0.1 in 8 eyes (23.5%), between 0.1 n0.5 in 15 eyes (44.1%) and more than 0.5 in 11 eyes (32.3%). Vitrectomy was performed in 6 eyes (17.6%) because of vitreous haemorrhage. Apart from the eyes with vitreous haemorrhage, retinal neovascularisation was found in 4 eyes during the following period. Argon laser photocoagulation was performed in 20 eyes (58.8%), there was macular involvement in 22 eyes (64.7%).
Retinal vein occlusion and is a retinal vascular disease seen frequently after the age of 50 years and is highly associated with hypertension. Visual prognosis depends on the initial visual acuity and macular involvement.



Bu çalışmada kliniğimizde retinal ven dal tıkanıklığı tanısı konulup takip edilen hastaların retrospektif olarak incelenip görsel prognozunun ortaya konulması amaçlandı. 1994-2002 yılları arasında retinal ven dal tıkanıklığı tanısı ile kliniğimizde takip edilen 32 hastanın 34 gözü çalışma kapsamına alındı. Hastaların dosyalarından ilk ve son muayenelerinde-ki düzeltilmiş görme keskinlikleri, fundus muayene bulguları, fundus floresein anjiografi (FFA) bulgulan, takip süresince oluşan komplikasyonlar ve uygulanan tedavileri araştırıldı. Hastalar en az 6 ay en fazla 8 yıl, ortalama 29.1 ±4.3 ay takip edildiler. Hastalarda en küçük yaş 34, en büyük yaş 76, ortalama yaş ise 57.3+2.1 olarak tespit edildi. Yirmi dört hastada (%75) hipertansion, 5 hastada (%15.6) diabet tespit edidi. Yirmi üç gözde (%67.6) üst temporal ven tıkanıklığı, 11 gözde (%32.4) alt temporal ven tıkanıklığı tespit edildi. İlk muayenede Snellen eşeline göre yapılan değerlendirmede 0.1 alü görme 12 gözde (%35.3) , 0.1-0.5 arası görme 14 gözde (%41.2) ve 0.5 üstü görme 8 gözde (%23.5) saptandı. Son muayeneye göre 0.1 altı görme 8 gözde (%23.5), 0.1-0.5 arası görme 15 gözde (%44.1) ve 0.5 üstü görme 11 gözde (%32.4) saptandı. Vitre içi kanama nedeni ile 6 göze (%17.6) vitrekto-mi uygulandı. Vitre içi kanaması olan gözler dışında 4 gözde de takip esnasında retinal neo-vaskülarizasyon tespit edildi. Yirmi göze (%58.8) Argon lazer fotokoagulasyon uygulandı ve 22 gözde (%64.7) çeşitli derecelerde makula tutulumu görüldü. Retinal ven tıkanıkları büyük oranda hipertansion ile bağlantılı ve 50 yaş üstünde sık görülen bir retinal damar hastalığıdır. Hastaların görsel prognozu ilk görme keskinliği ve makula tutulumuna göre değişkenlik gösterir.

Full Text:

131-134